It is NOT a new concept that if you can make your body less conducive to cancer growth you will have a much lower risk of cancer development, growth and metastasis.
One of the greatest minds in the history of modern medicine (Dr Stephen Paget) eloquently noted this in a landmark paper on breast cancer metastases, in 1889!
If you are interested in optimizing your body to reduce your cancer risks and improve your overall health, book an integrative oncology and functional medicine consultation with Dr. Lawenda (see below).
Dr. Lawenda briefly explains how functional medicine is used in his oncology practice to help optimize general health outcomes, cancer outcomes and quality of life in his patients.
- Nutrient testing (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids)
- Hormonal testing (HPA axis)
- Inflammation biomarkers
- Insulin resistance assessments
- Gut microbiome testing (dysbiosis, inflammation, etc.)
- Toxins, molds, endocrine disrupters testing
- Food immune sensitivity testing
- Circulating tumor cells and cell free tumor DNA testing
- Hereditary genetic testing
- Biological/epigenetic age testing
- Self-quantification/biohacking (sleep, activity, glucose monitoring, heart rate variability, etc.)
- Nutritional counseling
- Dietary supplementation
- Evidence based complementary therapies (botanical compounds, mind-body techniques, etc.)
- Conventional medical interventions
- Exercise counseling
- Stress reduction techniques
- Address sleep problems
Book an integrative oncology and functional medicine consultation with Dr. Lawenda:
In-office consultation: Northwest Cancer Clinic / GenesisCare US, Kennewick WA or Hermiston OR): 509-987-1800
Remote (U.S. or international): https://ioeprogram.com/consultations/
Learn more about Dr. Lawenda’s online integrative oncology and functional medicine course (IOE Online Program).
- Purchase the course, here: https://ioeprogram.com/online-course/
- This course is free for all patients seen at the Northwest Cancer Clinic. Ask our staff for access after your visit.
About Dr. Lawenda:
Harvard-trained radiation oncologist and US News & World Report “Top Doctor,” Dr. Lawenda specializes in the application of a variety of radiation therapy technologies in the treatment of all cancer types, including intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), stereotactic body radiation radiation therapy (SBRT), stereotactic radosurgery (SRS), brachytherapy and electron beam radiation therapy. He also serves as a regional referral provider for centers of excellence that offer proton beam therapy, Gamma Knife and CyberKnife. Dr. Lawenda works in close collaboration with local and national oncology providers in the care of all cancer patients. Dr. Lawenda is the medical director, at the Northwest Cancer Clinic/GenesisCare (Kennwick, WA and Hermiston, OR).
Follow Dr. Lawenda: