Since graduating with “Distinction” from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (UK) in 2000 I have been advising adults, children and institutions on nutritional health and writing about dietary cancer prevention.
I am the author of Zest for Life, The Mediterranean Anti-Cancer Diet.
Before becoming a nutritionist I worked in financial services, but switched careers when, aged 34, I was diagnosed with early-stage cancer of the cervix. In addition to undergoing conventional medical treatment, I made major changes to my diet which helped me overcome decades of bad health, a journey I describe in Zest for Life.
Because sustained dietary change can be a struggle, I offer long-term nutrition coaching – either in person or via videoconference, for people who live too far away to meet with me. To find out more, visit my website: www.nutrelan.com
My approach to anti-cancer nutrition
A healthy diet plays a crucial role in cancer prevention. However, confused by the conflicting advice we get from doctors, family members, friends and the media, many of us don’t know what “healthy eating” really means. Through the blog posts, cooking videos and recipes I publish here, I want to show you how easy and delicious it can be to eat an anti-cancer diet.
Let’s be clear: there is no miracle food or diet that can “cure cancer,” nor can healthy foods alone prevent the disease. Yet a diet based on a wide variety of fresh, natural foods – mostly from plant sources – provides a range of nutrients that can strengthen our bodies’ defenses against cancer. And for people undergoing cancer treatments, who often feel helpless in the face of their disease, taking control of one’s diet – by obtaining, preparing and enjoying fresh, nourishing foods – can be empowering and life-affirming.
Recent Blog Posts
- Another Healthful Nutrient Dense Weight Gain Smoothie
- Healthy Cookouts In 12 Easy Steps
- Beans, Beans, They Really Are Good For Your Heart!
- “Healthy Indulgence” Is Not An Oxymoron: A Valentine’s Treat
- How The Mediterranean Diet Can Cut Your Cancer Risk
- So Tasty, So Simple, So Healthy, Sofrito
- Eat Nuts, Live Longer
- Do Fish Oils Really Boost The Risk Of Prostate Cancer?
- Just say “No” To Artificial Sweeteners (and “Only a Little” to natural ones…)
- Time To Take Milk Off The Menu?